Thu, Aug 05|
Fabric Collage Class (2 classes - August 5 and 19) (2)
Fabric Collage, the creation of a piece of art that depicts an image or the idea or an image through the use of fibers. We will be using fabric scraps and glue to accomplish this project.
Time & Location
Aug 05, 2021, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Whittier, 8035 Painter Ave, Whittier, CA 90602, USA
About the event
On day 1 you will have an opportuntiy to learn a few basic techniques to get you atarted as a mixed media artist by makiing a fabric collage. The second workshop will take the skill you learned a apply thm to create an art piece of your own desiign in a supportive environment.
On day 2 you will be able to apply what you learned in the first workshopto create an art piece of your own design in a supportive environment.
You will need to bring the following items:
• a willingness to play with the materials, don't try for perfection the first tiime. This should be fun.
• interesting scraps of fabric any size 10 inches or less if you have something you want to incude (we will provide more)
• scissor for cutting fabric
• small paper or plastic bag for your trash
We will provide the following:
• design outlines you might want to use
• other fibers such as yarn or string
•. background material (substrate)
• paintbrush for gluing
• container for water
Day 1 - Fabric Collage
Fabric Collage - Day 1