Fabric Collage Class (2 classes - August 5 and 19) with Jo Sarachman
Time & Location
About the Event
On day 1 you will have an opportuntiy to learn a few basic techniques to get you atarted as a mixed media artist by making a fabric collage. The second workshop will take the skill you learned a apply thm to create an art piece of your own desiign in a supportive environment.
On day 2 (Thursday, August 19th) you will be able to apply what you learned in the first workshopto create an art piece of your own design in a supportive environment.
You will need to bring the following items:
• a willingness to play with the materials, don't try for perfection the first tiime. This should be fun.
• interesting scraps of fabric any size 10 inches or less if you have something you want to incude (we will provide more)
• scissor for cutting fabric
• small paper or plastic bag for your trash
We will provide the following:
• design outlines you might want to use
• other fibers such as yarn or string
•. background material (substrate)
• paintbrush for gluing
• container for water